Pet BoardingRancho San Carlos Pet Clinic
For routine boarding, we recommend using a facility that provides boarding exclusively, rather than a veterinary hospital.
CARING AND COMFORTABLE BOARDING
Boarding services are limited to our current patients (those with a current physical exam) and who need medical services. For routine boarding, we recommend using a facility that provides boarding exclusively, rather than a veterinary hospital. Please contact us for recommendations in your area.
If Your Pet Will Be Staying With Us For Medical Boarding, Please Be Advised:
- You are encouraged to bring your pet’s own food so that your pet’s meals remain the same as those offered at home. Otherwise, we feed Purina EN easy digest and adult maintenance dog and cat foods.
- Our professional staff is ready to administer any medications that your pet may need. Please bring any medications or supplements that your pet is on in the original packaging and let us know when they are due to be given.
- Our Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Assistants will closely monitor your pet. If your pet were to suffer any illness while you are away, we will be here to provide whatever care is necessary. Please advise of your pet’s medical conditions and any specific wishes you have if a crisis were to happen while you were away.
- We also offer a “keep calm” option if your pet needs anxiety medication while away from you.
- To board in our hospital, we require a current exam with our facility, vaccines appropriate for the species (including influenza for dogs), and a current fecal test. If your pet is not on flea prevention, we will administer a Capstar flea prevention on arrival. These precautions ensure that your pet is safe during their stay.
When it is time to board your pet, you may complete the Boarding Consent Form before arriving if you wish, or we can email one to you. On the form, you can provide instructions for us concerning your pet’s meals and any medications to be given. Please also list any items you will be bringing with your pet (bed, toys, etc.).
Contact us to learn more.